On-campus student employment

On-Campus Student Employment provides students an opportunity to develop personal and work-related skills in a controlled environment. The program fosters a spirit of campus-community through interactions between students, supervisors, and co-workers. These experiences provide students with an additional sense of encouragement to persist in the completion of their academic curriculum.

Questions about On-Campus Student Employment? Contact Arlinda Pringle, ac2000@wayne.edu.

Federal Work-Study Contract Dates

Fall 2023/Winter 2024 Federal Work-Study contract dates

Start: August 21, 2023
End: April 28, 2024

Student Assistant and Federal Work-Study eligibility

To be eligible for a Student Assistant or Federal Work-Study position, students must meet the following requirements:

  1. As an undergraduate student, continuously carry at least six (6) credit hours per semester (12 credit-hours for international students).
  2. As a graduate student, continuously carry at least four (4) credit hours during the fall semester, at least four (4) credit hours during the winter semester, and at least one (1) credit-hour during the spring/summer semester (8 credit-hours for international students during the fall and winter semesters).
  3. While classes are in session, student employees may work up to 20 hours per week.
  4. For federal work-study employment, in addition to the above, the student must have received and accepted an award for the current award period from the Office of Student Financial Aid indicating federal work-study.

On-campus employers

To post a position for an on-campus job as a WSU department, complete the On-Campus Student Employment Job Posting form.

Job Postings

Both Student Assistant and Federal Work-Study postings may be viewed in the Career Services Office, 1001 Faculty/Administration Building, or online via Handshake. To view student jobs online, please log into your Handshake account.

Additional campus jobs may be found through the Student Auxiliary Services Job Posting page.


An Off-Semester allows students to declare one semester, each academic year, in which they can work up to 40 hours per week. The Off Semester Form must be signed and returned by the student's supervisor and then returned to Career Services via email or in-person. Instructions for returning the document are noted on the form.

For additional questions about On-Campus Student Employment, please refer to the Student Employment Handbook.