Handshake is WSU Career Services' career social networking community for employment opportunities. Find full-time, part-time, internship Federal Work-Study, and on- and off-campus job opportunities. Handshake is all about finding jobs and hiring students.
Students: Access Handshake to look for jobs
If you are a WSU student, you automatically have a Handshake account. Students need to activate this account to access the Handshake community.
Being a part of the Handshake community will allow you to access:
- Recruiting events
- Job postings
- Employer networking sessions
- Virtual Career Fairs
- Community Q&A boards
To active your account
Log on to Handshake with your WSU Access Id and password. Activate your account
Once you activate your account, create your profile and upload your resume. Handshake Help Center
The following campus career offices use Handshake.
- Centralized Career Services (All Majors) - (313) 577-3390
- Engineering Career Resource Center (Engineering Students) - (313) 577-8336
- Mike Ilitch School of Business Career Planning and Placement (Business Students) - (313) 577-4781
Business and engineering students please use the links above to learn more about the specific career resources at your school/college.
Employers: Sign up to recruit students
To recruit WSU students and to post full-time, part-time, or internship jobs, please log in or sign up for Handshake.
Activation of an individual's account in Handshake may be denied based on the following:
- Submitting a personal email address in place of the company email address (i.e., Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, etc.)
- Submitting vague information (i.e., not enough substantial information in the company description)
- Submitting information about commission-only job opportunities (commission-only are NOT accepted)
- Not providing an official company website URL
Centralized Career Services will work with employers, to the best of our ability, to tailor services to custom-fit recruiting efforts.