Wayne State's 2021 Virtual Career Fair week is October 4-8. For details or to register for any of our 6 virtual fairs, please log on or create an account on Handshake.
Individual fairs include:
Career Services All Majors Fair
Biology and Neuroscience
Employer responsibility statement
Wayne State University Career Services is committed to connecting employers to our diverse student body. We hold all employers accountable in promoting equitable access to opportunities to all of our students including our Black, Indigenous, Students of Color, women, LGBTQ+ students, students with disabilities, and international students. We are committed to working with employers who support diversity, equity, and inclusion for all students.If you are interested in hiring Wayne State University students you can connect with Career Services to share opportunities, recruit talent, schedule information sessions, get involved with campus, and host events. Furthermore, we will support any interested organization in reaching high standards to ensure the WSU students and graduates they hire feel a strong sense of inclusion, respect, and belonging.
COVID-19 and the employment community
NOTE: Due to COVID-19, and to ensure the safety of our students and community our Fall 2021 recruiting events will continue to be online.
Recruiting services & Handshake
Centralized Career Services offers the following services to employers
- Online Job Postings: Post available job opportunities for WSU students and alumni (Handshake).
- Student Resume Search: Search student and alumni candidates and view resumes (Handshake).
- Interview scheduling: Coordinate online interviews (Handshake).
- Employer Virtual Networking Events: Host a company presentation, a workshop, an online Meet & Greet, or a virtual career fair to connect with students and alumni.
- Targeted Emails: Send career-related information to specific majors.
- Social Media Networking: Join WSU Career Services on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter or Pinterest.
To recruit WSU Students and Alumni for full-time, part-time, or internship jobs, please log in or create a Handshake account.
Activation of an individual's account in Handshake may be denied based on the following:
- Submitting a personal email address in place of the company email address (i.e., Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, etc.)
- Submitting vague information (i.e., not enough substantial information in the company description)
- Submitting information about commission-only job opportunities (commission-only are NOT accepted)
- Not providing an official company website URL
Centralized Career Services will work with employers, to the best of our ability, to tailor services to custom-fit recruiting efforts.
Wayne State University Centralized Career Services reserves the right to refuse services to employers due to any of the following: racism, dishonesty; breach of confidentiality; fraud; misrepresentation; abuse or other harassment of Wayne State University students, alumni and staff; failure to adhere to these Career Services office policies and/or any other violation of WSU University rules and regulations, and local, state or federal laws.
Employers who recruit, post jobs, attend career fairs, host information sessions or presentations for Wayne State University students must adhere to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) guidelines and the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles for Employment Professionals.
Due to the safety of our students, we are not promoting opportunities housed within an employer's private residence.