5 tips to move your job search or career forward during COVID-19
Looking for ways to enhance your job search or career during COVID-19? Let Career Services help! Here are 5 ways to move your career forward when you feel at a standstill.
- Update your resume - Career Services has counselors available to review your resume and provide you feedback. Make sure your resume is working for you. Connect with a counselor.
- Complete your Handshake account profile - Handshake is Career Services' job searching tool. As a WSU student, you automatically have an account. Access your account, fill in information about your job interests, and upload a resume to share with employers. The Handshake job board will show you companies looking to hire. Submit your resume to jobs that interest you. Access your Handshake account.
- Career Ready Guide Course - Professional development is always good when you have downtime. This self-guided, interactive career course will help you learn to articulate the "power skills" employers value. This course has videos, reflective questions, checklists, case studies, assessments, and action plans. Do it at your own pace when you want. Email email@example.com to get the course link and the password to begin the course.
- CareerSpots Videos - Career Services has a whole video library dedicated to your career, including a channel specifically about learning strong job searching techniques. There are multiple short video spots on topics such as resume writing, interviewing skills, salary negotiation, social media practices, and more. View Career Services' video channel here.
- Career Ready Basics guide book - Looking for information about finding a job? Want to see a sample resumes, cover letter or thank you letter? Wondering what information to include with your references? Find the information and much more in Career Services' Career Ready Basics Guide.