Student & Alumni
WSU Career Services provides extensive career related resources to students and alumni from all academic disciplines. Looking for a job or work related experience? Then let us help! Activate your account on our new Handshake system to connect with employers and to view the job board.
Current students have automatically been added into Handshake, so simply activate your account by logging into it once.
How to activate your Handshake Account
- Go to https://wayne.joinhandshake.com/
- Enter your Wayne State email address (example: email@example.com)
- Click on the blue Wayne State University Sign On box
- Enter your WSU Academica ID (example: ab1234) and password
If you have any job related questions including resume writing assistance and interviewing questions, feel free to utilize our Stop-in Career Counseling services.
Services for students and alumni
- Online Job Postings: View and apply to available job opportunities for WSU students and alumni.
- Resume Database: Save a resume online to be viewed by employers.
- Company Presentations: Attend company presentations, workshops or meet & greets to connect with employers.
- Interviews: View Pre-select or Open Interviews schedules and submit resumes for interview consideration (interested individuals may have to meet employer set requirements such as specific graduation dates, GPA, work authorizations, etc. prior to being considered). No Show/Cancellation Policy
- Career events: Participate in various campus job fairs and/or campus career related events. No Show/Cancellation Policy
- Targeted Emails: Receive information emails regarding career events, job opportunities and/or presentations.
Additional Campus Career Resources
Business, Education, Engineering, Graduate, Law, Medical School and LIS students may maximize their efforts by utilizing the additional resources below:
College of Engineering:
Engineering Career Services Office, Room 1524 EDC
5050 Anthony Wayne Drive
College of Education:
Placement Office, Room 489 Education Bldg
Graduate School Career Services:
5057 Woodward, Suite 9405.3
Career Services, Suite 1265 Law