Career Services Replaces CSO for Fall of 2017...
We are in transition!
Career Services proudly introduces the Wayne State University community to Handshake!
Handshake is replacing CSO as Wayne State's new job, co-op and internship database. This change for the WSU Community and our Employer Partners will officially start the Fall Semester of 2017.
New Users - Activate Your Handshake Account
Current students have automatically been imported into Handshake but will need to activate their account.
Instructions for first time users:
- Go to https://wayne.joinhandshake.com/
- Click on the blue Wayne State University Sign On box
- Enter your WSU Academica ID (example: ab1234) and password
- Update account information and upload your resume
- A one stop shop for WSU students with easy access to thousands of employers who have connected to WSU through any of the following career offices:
- Centralized Career Services (All Majors) - (313) 577-3390
- Engineering Career Resource Center (Engineering Students) - (313) 577-8336
- Mike Ilitch School of Business Career Planning and Placement (Business Students) - (313) 577-4781
- A full set of features, including on-campus and off-campus jobs, part-time, internship, co-op and full time postings, corporate interview scheduling, career fair management, internship & co-op management, and outcomes tracking.
- A sync feature for students & alumni to sync career and employer events to their Google calendars.
- An easy way for employers to manage recruiting – meaning more opportunities for WSU.
- Mobility – Handshake has a downloadable app for iPhone; Android version is coming soon.
- Security – Handshake runs in Amazon's cloud, has individually secured components and encrypted backups, and is PCI certified.
Users can connect to Handshake through any of the WSU career offices websites using your WSU Access ID and Academia password.
For questions regarding Handshake, please contact the appropriate campus career office above.