Career Services offers students and alumni various resources to assist with obtaining full-time employment. As a full-time job candidate we invite you to:
Connect with Employers - Participate in WSU's many Job Fairs, Special Career Events, Interviewing and Networking opportunities.
Receive Assistance with Career Preparation - Have qualified professionals help with Resume Writing, Interview Strategies, Company Research and Salary Information.
Explore Employment Opportunities - View various in-house and online job postings specific to WSU's graduating seniors & alumni.
Handshake Recruiting System
In order to receive maximum exposure to employers, we ask that students and alumni seeking full time employment activate their Handshake account.
Current students have automatically been added into Handshake, so simply activate your account by logging into it once.
How to activate your Handshake Account
- Go to https://wayne.joinhandshake.com/
- Enter your Wayne State email address (example: email@example.com)
- Click on the blue Wayne State University Sign On box
- Enter your WSU Academica ID (example: ab1234) and password
- A one stop shop with easy access to thousands of employers who have connected to WSU through any of the following career offices:
- Centralized Career Services (All Majors)
- Engineering Career Resource Center (Engineering Students)
- Mike Ilitch School of Business Career Planning and Placement (Business Students)
- A full set of features, including on-campus and off-campus jobs, part-time, internship, co-op and full time postings, corporate interview scheduling, career fair management, internship & co-op management, and outcomes tracking.
- A sync feature for students & alumni to sync career and employer events to their Google calendars.
- An easy way for employers to manage recruiting – meaning more opportunities for WSU.
- Mobility – Handshake has a downloadable app for iPhone; Android version is coming soon.
- Security – Handshake runs in Amazon's cloud, has individually secured components and encrypted backups, and is PCI certified.
Users will connect to Handshake through a link on any of the career offices homepage using your WSU Access ID and Academia password.