One of the most effective methods for recruiting students and alumni is to develop and maintain a visible presence on campus. Career Services offers employers the opportunity to connect with students & alumni at Wayne State University.
Employers are encouraged to utilize the following services to connect with students and/or alumni who may be interested in
Co-op, Internship and Full-time employment opportunities.
Services offered to Employers
- Free Online Job Postings: Post available job opportunities for students and alumni.
- Resume Database: Search student and alumni resumes to download.
- Company Presentations: Host/facilitate campus presentations, workshops or meet & greet to connect with students and alumni. NEW! Set up a morning meet & greet with afternoon interviews.
- Interview scheduling: Coordinate Pre-select or Open Interviews schedules on campus. NEW! Pre-select schedules can be coordinated to take place on-site at the employer location.
- Career events: Participate in various campus job fairs and/or campus career related events.
- Targeted Emails: Send career related information to a targeted group of students/alumni
WSU Career Services will work with employers, to the best of our ability, to tailor our services to custom fit recruiting efforts.
Please note that the office reserves the right to refuse services to employers due to any of the following: dishonesty; breach of confidentiality; fraud; misrepresentation; abuse or other harassment of Wayne State University students, alumni and staff; failure to adhere to these Career Services office policies and/or any other violation of WSU University rules and regulations, and local, state or federal laws.
Activation of an individual's account in Career Services Online (CSO) may be denied based on the following:
- submitting a personal email address in place of the company email address (i.e., Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, etc.)
- submitting a vague profile (i.e., not enough substantial information in the company description section in CSO)
- not completing fields that are marked with an asterisk in the CSO profile
- submitting information about commission-only job opportunities (commission-only are NOT accepted)
- not providing an official company website URL in the employer section of CSO
Employers who recruit, post jobs, attend career fairs, host information sessions or presentations at Wayne State University must adhere to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) guidelines and the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles for Employment Professionals.
Career Services Online (CSO) - For Employers
In partnership with Career Services, CSO enables employers to provide full-time, part-time, temporary and internship opportunities specifically to Wayne State University students and alumni. CSO is Career Services' official online recruiting tool. If you would like to recruit Wayne State University students or alumni, please register on CSO to:
- Post job opportunities
- Review Student/Alumni Resumes
- Schedule Interviews (Pre-select or Open schedules available)
- View Career Events
If you have any questions regarding CSO, please contact Career Services at (313) 577-3390.