One of the most effective methods for recruiting students and alumni is to develop and maintain a visible presence on campus. Employers are encouraged to utilize the resources and services below to connect with students and/or alumni job seekers.
To recruit WSU Students and Alumni for Full Time, Part-time, Internship and Co-op jobs, please log in to Handshake or create a Handshake account at...
Resources & Services offered to Employers
Main Campus Career Services offers the following services to employers:
- Online Job Postings: Post available job opportunities for students and alumni (Handshake).
- Student/Resume Search: Search student and alumni information and view resumes (Handshake).
- Employer Networking: Participate in a campus job fair, host/facilitate a campus presentation, workshop or Meet & Greet to connect with students and alumni.
- Interview scheduling: Coordinate Interviews schedules on campus or at your location (Handshake).
- Targeted Emails: Send career related information to a targeted group of students/alumni.
- Social Media Networking: Join WSU Career Services on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter or Pinterest
Main Campus Career Services will work with employers, to the best of our ability, to tailor our services to custom fit recruiting efforts.
Wayne State University Main Campus Career Services reserves the right to refuse services to employers due to any of the following: dishonesty; breach of confidentiality; fraud; misrepresentation; abuse or other harassment of Wayne State University students, alumni and staff; failure to adhere to these Career Services office policies and/or any other violation of WSU University rules and regulations, and local, state or federal laws.
Activation of an individual's account in Handshake may be denied based on the following:
- Submitting a personal email address in place of the company email address (i.e., Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, etc.)
- Submitting vague information (i.e., not enough substantial information in the company description)
- Submitting information about commission-only job opportunities (commission-only are NOT accepted)
- Not providing an official company website URL
Employers who recruit, post jobs, attend career fairs, host information sessions or presentations at Wayne State University must adhere to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) guidelines and the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles for Employment Professionals.